Sunday, July 31, 2011

Milano 31 July 2011

I have now officially moved into my new house in Milano. Actually the move took place two days ago. It is a very nice little apartment right next door to Michele's sister, who owns it. A lounge/kitchen area downstairs and upstairs there are two rooms, one of which is mine and the other empty for now. I have my own bathroom also.
I went to the supermarket for the first time yesterday...there are all manner of interesting and delicious looking foods there. So many choices of pasta and oil and cheese and prosciutto. But I decided it was high time to have Indian food again, so I bought some rabbit meat and proceeded to cook a rabbit curry.
The fresh markets are everywhere and nice and cheap. I love the pomodorino (cherry tomato) and the basil.
Michele has been kind enough to invite me to eat his cooking yesterday...I learnt how to make gaspacho (I think I spelled it correctly), a spanish dish of fresh vegetable, almost like a cold soup. Very nice and very healthy. I think European food in general seems so much more healthy than what most people eat in Australia.
This morning I went with Michele to the catholic church where he plays the organ. It was interesting to see church in Italian...

I must go and practice more. We have the first rehearsal with Arcomelo tomorrow all day. And I still don't have the last movement of the CPE Bach fast enough yet...

Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment