Sunday, July 24, 2011

Urbino 24 July 2011

Music making has been quite full on as usual with a performance of two pieces at a concert last night as part of my chamber music group. Started rehearsing Rameau Dardanus suite in orchestra yesterday and I had the interesting task of so many clef changes...beginning the day with treble, then switching to alto clef for playing a viola part on the violin, then in the Rameau we have soprano clef for several sections and then the rest in French clef....eeeek! Note+information+brain overload...

I do not remember much else from yesterday without a great deal of thought.

Today I did the first rehearsal with a soprano singer, but a guy!!! Amazing voice...and he can sing up to the third F above middle C. Incredible! 
Today there was rain and storms in Urbino. The sky was so beautiful and the air full of energy, but it did get cold later. Unusual for this time of year here...a nice change after some of the hot days we have had. 
Have been practicing my Italian a lot now. Nicolo and Riccardo teach me new words everyday and are very entertaining company. 
And after the second concert tonight (which I did not go to) Yotam and I did a session of salsa dancing in front of Palazzo Ducale...fun, but I am not so good at salsa.

I cannot really remember much else, there are so many things happening and so many details that would take too long to write...

No comments:

Post a Comment