Thursday, July 21, 2011

Urbino 21 July 2011

Been in the splendours of Urbino for three days already! Enjoying music all day long, and the excellent food and company. Today I played in Yotam's cello lesson Haydn concerto in C and then had a lesson with Suzanna on Marini Eco Sonata for three violins. Also played chamber music with Luca Guglielmi as tutor. We did Gabrielli sonata for three violins and Falconieri Passacalle. Then orchestra with Suzanna french style with Lully dances.
Went to my first concert tonight to see Enrico Gatti play some early Italian music. It was nice, but I did not like a lot his bowing style. I do want to play the Mattheis fantasia that he played however. After the concert Kim, Stijn, Yotam and I had gelato and watched some tango dancing. Unfortunately no folk dancing tonight.
Learnt some new words in Italian today, but forgot some of them. It is fun to practice speaking with people who don't know much English.
It is very late now...too late to be sitting up writing when I have music to play in the morning!
Buona notte!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment