Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Urbino 27 July 2011

These days are becoming so full and so much fun that I can hardly remember where to start. Last night there was danza popolare again after the concerts so it started at 11:30pm...the last dancing for the course. It was much fun!! Afterwards I sat and talked to Marzio while waiting for the other college musicians to finish some drinks after dancing and got home to sleep after 2am.

Had a nice slow morning and then a rehearsal for the concert tonight. Susanna tutored my Marini and it was sounds a lot better now that my theorbist and lutist and gambist and everyone else was all there (for the first time).

Some goodbyes have already been said....to Luca Guglielmi yesterday and Alfredo Bernadini today...so sad when some of our best and most exciting tutors leave. Bernadini is one of the most entertaining people I have every met, and also a wonderful musician! He has told us many very funning stories of his performances and even seeing him doing 'ordinary' things is rather fun.

I had adopted two Italian sisters, Francesca and Annalisa. Both play violin. Francesca is doing the course here and is 17 and her sister Annalisa is only eleven and just here with the parents. Very lovely girls and it is very nice to hear them speak Italian. And I have also adopted some Italian brothers.....my very nice musician friends who I usually eat dinner with, Nicolo and Riccardo.

It has been raining most of today...just a light misty rain most of the time, although I did get quite wet coming home tonight. Very strange and cool summer for Italy. I am glad to have borrowed a warm sleeping bag from Kim and Stijn.

Ah, the concert tonight was very fun! My little group played the Eco sonata by Marini with the two echo violins outside the door. Quite effective. The our Mattheis was taken out of the program by the organisers because the concert was quite long already and it only started at 11pm. But my theorbist sneakily modulated to the right key after the Marini and we played it anyway. And so we became the concert terrorists... But the audience loved the piece and we received many nice compliments afterwards. After the concert we sat around for awhile and now I am finally home and writing this at 3am.

Buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment